A new scam has emerged that involves fraudsters posing as Merrimack County 储蓄 Bank (The Merrimack) representatives. They are calling customers in an attempt to reset the customer’s online banking account, which gives them access to the funds.
According to our Fraud Team, to convince customers a legitimate bank representative is calling, the caller ID may be “spoofed” to appear local and the caller will have the customer’s basic contact information and the last four digits of their bank card. The caller will then ask the customer to verify their username for online banking and request a “code or case number” sent to the customer via text or email.
在现实中, the customer provided the fraudster with their online banking username, which allows the fraudster to reset the customer’s account or enroll them in mobile wallet. Once the fraudster receives the code sent to the customer, they have full access to the customer’s funds.
Merrimack County 储蓄 Bank will 从来没有:
- Call you and request your personal information such as social security number, account information or login credentials for online banking.
- Send you a “case number” or “code” for you to read back to us over the phone.
- Use s护理 tactics, such as issuing an arrest warrant to collect unpaid debts.
- Share personal or financial information.
- Make a payment to someone you don’t know.
- Call the number provided by the scammer. 当有疑问时, hang up and contact us directly by calling the number on the back of your bank card or listed on our website, lrteam.net.
We take your privacy and security seriously at The Merrimack and have implemented vigorous internal security measures to protect your personal and account information. If you are a Merrimack customer and are concerned your personal or financial information was compromised, please call us directly at 603.225.2793.